Extend the Lifespan of your Rug
Oriental Weavers rugs are designed to last for many years, but as with all things, care and cleaning will prolong the life of your rug. We recommend the following:
- Regular Vacuuming — keeps your rug clean and raises the fibers up to stand like the day you purchased it
- Clip Long Ends — longer fibers may work to the surface after use or vacuuming, but do not pull them out. Clip these ends even with the rug’s surface in order to avoid damage to the rug’s weave.
- Clean Spills and Spots Immediately — but do not rub a spill. Always blot to prevent the yarns from fraying. Simple soap and water will normally suffice to remove most stains. Always test cleaning solutions in an inconspicuous area to ensure the cleanser will not cause damage to the rug.
- Professionally Clean Periodically — to remove deep dirt, dust and grime.
- Rotate Rugs Periodically — over time, wear will begin to show. Periodically rotating the rug will help create even wear across the entire rug surface